Saturday, June 7, 2014



Sometimes you feel like you were meant to save people, so you do all you can to try to be an example to them. You try to support them and encourage them so they know that someone believes in them, even if they don't believe in themselves yet. You know they'll get there someday. 
But maybe they keep falling short, or even worse, they don't seem compelled to change. And the day you realize that will not be a good one. You sit around feeling like you've failed, thinking to yourself: "I couldn't save them."

But then, sometime later, you come to peace with the situation. You know you've did all you could, and you see that it helps no one if two are drowning - if one is sinking while trying to save the other. You realize that you have to stop giving so much of yourself and your efforts to someone who never asked for your help. And when you have come to terms and you forgive yourself of the guilt, you think, "I couldn't save them." 
That is that.


Thursday was one of the greatest days because I wasn't afraid of what I was going to do after I graduated. I wasn't afraid of leaving Rexburg, and I was open to new opportunities in life.

It was like I could feel the weight lifted off my shoulders. For the first time in a long time I felt free, and I felt like I belonged to me. It's such an incredible state of being.



No comments:

Post a Comment